Sunday, January 18, 2009

Genesis

I'm very intrigued by wiki! Actually I've heard about it being mentioned in my contract school experience, but have given little thought to it, thinking "ahhh. i won't be using it!" but here I am, using wiki in two modules already! (this and GESL) wow.

I feel as if I'm too slow to keep up with the Ministry's plans; I never knew there was MP3 already! However, I think most schools are still trying to fulfill MP2 first.. I didn't see much ICT usage for lessons during my contract stint at Bedok North. But I did notice them using ICT for results and needs analysis; which I found to be very essential and useful to monitor students' results and trends.

We, as the 'newest batch' of teachers, will face an exciting journey ahead! Future colleagues will probably look to us for directions on using ICT more extensively so I must pay extra attention in class! hahaha. I feel that the implementation of MP3 will be a marathon; people need lots of time for change to occur. Now, the comfort zone for many (myself inclusive) is just the whiteboard and textbooks but that soon will be a thing of the past.. we have to embrace change and soon we'll be able to see the benefits of it! :)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]